Dear Local Moving LLC Customers and Vendors,
The customer is at the core of everything we do, and in light of the World Health Organization declaring the coronavirus (COVID- 19) a pandemic, our top priority is keeping our customers, associates and communities safe as we continue to closely monitor the situation.
First and foremost, we highly encourage that if your move can be postponed until after the stay at home order is lifted to wait to schedule your move. As a moving company it is important for us to identify essential moves and non-essential moves. Some circumstances require immediate service due to home closings, termination of leases, evictions and establishments related to essential businesses. Certain circumstances of this nature would not be possible for these people to facilitate the move on their own.
We are here for you. We discourage and will not perform moves that are not essential during this stay at home order. Moves such as moving items within your home, grabbing items from storage and things of that nature are examples of non-essential moves. It is all our duty as a community to do everything possible to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to cooperate with the Department of Health and Safety.
We have assembled an internal COVID-19 taskforce dedicated solely to this issue and have instructed our associates to follow the procedures and guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to help stem the spread of COVID-19.
In response, Local Moving LLC is taking the following steps:
• Prior to our customers move date Local Moving LLC will be calling and/or emailing with a questionnaire about possible exposure to COVID-19.
• We want to remind all customers to consult the CDC for COVID-19 symptom information and request that you follow recommended self-quarantine guidelines if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms, no matter how mild.
• As a safety precaution we will be disinfecting moving equipment prior to each job.
• As a safety precaution Local Moving LLC will only be accepting credit/debit cards as form of payment
• All our employees are required to wash hands prior to leaving our facility and then again upon arrival back at our facility.
• We have instructed our employees that if they have any symptoms of any illness to not come in for their shift. Local Moving LLC will be paying sick leave for all employees to discourage employees from feeling they have to come in.
• All employees that have any symptoms, no matter how mild, must be cleared by a medical professional to return to work.
• All employees will be using latex gloves for the duration of the move unless an item requires them to take them off to better grip the item.
• We encourage our employees and customers to limit personal interaction as much as possible. Shaking hands is discouraged.
• We will be monitoring all employees’ activities outside of work.
As we all adjust to the new precautionary measures that everyone is taking to help prevent the spread of this virus, we want to reassure you that your safety and well-being continues to be our top priority.
Local Moving LLC