Moving can be a stressful experience. A poorly planned and executed move can also become costly. If you care about your furnishings and personal belongings be sure to hire an experienced moving company. No job is too big or too small for our experienced team at Local Moving LLC, in Denver.
1. Plan Your Move Ahead
Planning ahead is highly recommended if you want to avoid any added stress to your moving experience. Make sure you are organized and have all the materials you need, make a packing list, and create a system before you start packing. Here are some items you’ll need to get started.
- Bubble wrap
- Packing List
A professional moving company will be able to provide you with all the necessary packing supplies at a reasonable cost.
2. Create A System Before Packing
Save time by packing absolutely everything that is not essential to your daily living needs, ahead of time.
Before you start packing anything, create a system. Number each box you pack and transcribe the contents of the box to a written list. This small detail can save you loads of time and frustration once you’re unpacking in your new home.
- You can save on boxes using your luggage and duffle bags, for packing as well
- Tall wardrobe boxes should be used for bulky, lightweight items, such as comforters, pillows, and clothes that need to remain hanging
- Use smaller boxes for heavier items
- Keep light bulbs with lamps, picture hooks with pictures, and so on
- Designate a color for each room in your new home and use colored stickers on your boxes. Once you are in your new home, put a matching colored sticker on the door to each of the rooms so movers know exactly where to put things
- Put together a kit of basic cleaning supplies for moving day clean-up jobs
3. Keep Your Valuables Safe
Keep valuable possessions, like jewelry and family heirlooms, important papers, your laptop, and any sensitive data or belongings, with you for the move.
4. Hire A Trustworthy Moving Company
You may be tempted to go it alone, rent a van or a truck and get some friends to help on moving day, however, some things are truly easier said than done when it comes down to it.
An experienced team of movers will save you time and provide you with all the packing supplies to keep your belongings safe during moving or storing. They will provide storage solutions, both temporary and long-term, should you need them. They will do all the heavy work, load and unload your truck, pod, containers, and place belongings exactly where you wish in your new home.
A professional moving company will make the moving and storage process easier with the right moving, packing, and storage supplies, making sure your belongings are not damaged during the move.
Planning ahead and hiring a professional moving company is the key to a stress-free move. If you need to plan a move, check out our unbeatable prices and unparalleled services at Local Moving LLC, in Denver.
Call the best movers in Denver:
Local Moving LLC
300 W 53rd Pl g, Denver, CO 80216
Star Rating: 4.9
Review Count: 760 reviews