Moving your business to a new office location is a challenging, multi-step process and a time-sensitive operation. Careful planning and organization are the keys to a successful and hassle-free move.
Planning Your Move
- A timeline that outlines all the essential stages of your move will be needed in order to assure minimal disruption to your business
- You will want to ensure the schedule is feasible
- Don’t underestimate how much time you will need.
- A small office may need a minimum of three months to plan and prep a move
- A medium to large office may require six to eight months or more, just for the planning
Planning Your New Office Space
It is recommended you compare a general layout plan of your current space with blueprints of your new space. Collect all available information on the new space to assist you in designing the new office layout. This is also an opportunity for you to improve on areas that were not laid out properly in your current office and avoid repeating the same mistakes in your new space.
You may need to hire carpenters, painters, electricians, systems installers, and other professionals if, for example, you’ll need to build walls, add wiring, or make any other changes prior to your move. If so, make sure these expenses are budgeted for, and don’t forget to allow the required time needed to complete these chores before moving, lest you want your employees to find themselves trying to work with constant disruption, noise, and dust. These mishaps are more common than you might think.
Steps For A Successful Move
Moving is a multistep process and in order for a business move to be successful, you will need the collaboration and contribution of your employees. Start by assigning specific tasks to different employees.
- Build a moving team
- Appoint a rep for each department to coordinate
- Assign Tasks
- Ensure that each employee takes responsibility for packing their desk, files, and personal items
- Conduct regular meetings to keep everyone on the same page and address concerns and issues that may arise
- Determine your budget
- Make a contact list and make sure all your clients and suppliers know where you’re moving to
- Hire the movers
One of the most important decisions you’ll be making is which commercial moving company to use. Not all moving companies are created equal and choosing the wrong one could turn the move into a costly and disrupting proposition for any business.
Are you relocating your Denver office to a new building or a new city? At Denver’s Local Moving LLC, a team of professional highly-skilled movers will take care of all your moving needs without letting your business slow down or fall behind during your move. Our team will help your company relocation team plan logistics, stay on track, and minimize disruption to your workflow by establishing a timeline that works for you and your business.
Local Moving LLC has earned its reputation by staying committed to excellence and building trust and through proven expertise in moving both general office technology and any specialized industry-related assets. We’ve been assisting businesses with their moving needs, all across Colorado, for over a decade. If you are located in Denver and need to move to a new home or office, look no further. There is a good reason why LLC is the top reviewed moving company in Denver.